Friday, September 17, 2010

Bathroom - The Look

So, I guess I'll finally explain what sort of look I am going for in this bathroom.  I'll start at the beginning, with this post at The Steampunk Home.  I saw this waaaay back when we still lived at the apartment, but it stuck with me all of this time.  I just loved the idea of old map wallpaper.  It would give the bathroom, usually such a boring room, a little visual interest.  And since we already intended to decorate the house with a steampunk sort of feel, this all works out pretty well.

Here's an inspiration board of the color scheme I am attempting to achieve:


And here are the new hardware items that I am planning to buy (hopefully tomorrow):


I am not sure about the wainscoting, though.  I might go with some sort of fancy faux finish and a chair rail instead.  Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any thoughts except that I'm going to love your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the white wainscoting seems too new and out of place to flow with the rest. I think the chair rail and faux finish would be better... and more fun :3

    ReplyDelete