Friday, March 2, 2012

Kitchen Door Installed!

 Here's what was happening when I came home from work this evening:

New kitchen door being installed.
 And here's what was waiting for me when I returned home from dinner:

The door is installed!
 Here's a close-up of the knob and the dead bolt.  They still look like they are not the same color in this picture, but they really are - I promise!

Schlage antique brass door fixtures.
 And here's the scary results of cutting a bigger door hole in the wall:

Lathe and plaster.
Old and new supports.
It's pretty scary to see the inside of your house.  You'd think I'd be used to it after the bathroom, but no.  It never gets less creepy to know that a bunch of rickety boards and crumbling plaster are the the only things keeping your house standing.  But it's okay, Uncle Don is coming back over the weekend to frame up the door and cover the gaping holes.  More pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment